Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Friend Brooklyn

Remember me making a post about my friend Brooklyn? Brooklyn is a very special girl to me. She has something called Rett Syndrome. She can't talk, walk, or even use her hands, but she is the SMARTEST girl I know. She can melt even the coldest of hearts. She is amazing. Here is some more info from her family...



Hi! My name is Brooklyn.
I have Rett Syndrome - an awful neurological disorder that
messes up most everything I try to do -- and it only affects GIRLS!
I cannot talk, use my hands or move around very well, but I can
hear you. I understand you. I am smart. There are hundreds of
thousands of other girls like me. Visit my web page to learn more.
We need your help.
www.girlpower2cure.org/brooklyn


Rett Syndrome facts:
* A debilitating neurological disorder that only affects girls.
* The most severe form of AUTISM.
* Leading cause of severe impairment in girls - most cannot speak,
walk or use their hands.
* As prevalent as ALS, Cystic Fibrosis and Huntington's Disease.
* Another baby girl born afflicted every two hours.
* Caused by a random gene mutation every baby girl
has equal chance of acquiring.

www. g i r l p owe r 2 c u r e . o r g

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Awwwww..you are such a good friend Ashland....I hope you get feeling better soon so we can get together for dinner and a play date!

Grammy said...

Thanks so much for putting Brookie Bean and the Rett info on your blog. You guys are the greatest. Hope to see you soon.

Brooklyn's Grammy